Barney Wyld, VP, Global Campaigns and Digital Channels
“A career in Communications at Unilever offers an unrivalled chance to be part of a talented team with a truly global agenda.”
Unilever’s Communications teams ensure our stakeholders stay informed about our business. Within the Communications function, teams are focused on communicating clearly and effectively to different audiences inside and outside the company – from employees to investors, journalists, jobseekers, NGOs, partners, customers and consumers.
It’s their role to protect Unilever’s reputation and share information about our products, goals and values.
A career within Communications at Unilever offers a chance to be part of a dynamic function in a fast-moving business.
Best known for our household-name brands, Unilever is also earning a reputation for our commitment to sustainability, and our Communications teams are playing a vital part in spreading the word.
We’ve got a compelling story to share about how we’re helping more than a billion people improve their health and wellbeing, while halving our environmental footprint and ensuring our agricultural raw materials come from sustainable sources.
Our Media Relations team is responsible for liaising with the world’s press, while our External Affairs specialists work closely with governments, NGOs and agencies such as campaign groups and think tanks.
Our Digital Communications team keeps our corporate website Unilever.com packed with interesting content which reaches 14 million visitors a year, and ensures the site runs smoothly.
And an in-house editorial team looks after our internal news channel, keeping employees informed and inspired about Unilever news from around the world.
- Unilever.com and our country sites cover around 100 countries in 24 languages - one of the largest global corporate site networks in the world
- In 2013, Unilever.com and our network attracted more than 23 million visitors
- Unilever.com was ranked third in the 2013 Financial Times/Bowen Craggs Index of Corporate Website Effectiveness - making it the top site from a consumer goods company
- In 2012, Unilever's global news channel for employees won several awards including the Communications in Business Award for Excellence and Institute of Internal Communications Gold Award
- Unilever's senior leaders are invited to talk about our ambitions and aims on the world stage. In 2014, our CEO Paul Polman joined UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon in a panel debate at the World Economic Forum in Davos to discuss ways and means to tackle poverty