We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace
It’s why we come to work. It’s why we’re in business. It’s how we inspire exceptional performance.
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose: to popularise cleanliness and bring it within reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. We now have over 400 brands and we are still driven by purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society – not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products.
We’ve been pioneers, innovators and future-makers for over 120 years – we plan to continue doing that. And we plan to do it sustainably.
- 190 countries where our brands are available
- 3.4 billion people use our products every day
- € 52 billion turnover in 2021
- 400 + brands that are household names
- 13 brands with sales of over €1billion in 2021
- 13 brands in Kantar's top 50 global brands are ours
- 148,000 employees worldwide
- 50 markets where we are the FMCG employer of choice
- 52/48 gender balance (female/male)
- 92 % of our leaders are local to their market
- €445m spend with diverse businesses owned by under-represented groups.
- 53 % of our plastic packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable.
- 64 % reduction in Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions since 2015.
- Making sustainable living commonplace
- 70 + years in Malaysia
- Improving millions of Malaysians’ lives
- Top player in our 3 divisions Home Care, Beauty & Wellbeing and Personal Care, and Nutrition and Ice Cream
- CEO Champion in TalentCorp LIFE AT WORK award
Unilever in Malaysia
With 2.5 billion people using Unilever’s products every day, many of our brands are well known and loved throughout the world. Dove, Magnum, Sunsilk, Lifebuoy, Rexona, Wall’s, Lipton Ready to Drink, Sunlight, and Breeze are just a few of our brands that help people look good, feel good, and get more out of life. We have more than 70 years legacy of improving the lives of millions of Malaysians. We are one of the top players in our 3 divisions: Home Care, Beauty & Wellbeing and Personal Care, and Nutrition & Icecream.
Unilever’s vision is a new way of doing business – one that delivers growth by serving society and the planet. Purpose is at the heart of our business model. Our brands are on a journey to reducing their environmental footprint and increasing their positive social impact. Unilever Malaysia is committed to developing talent and people are at the heart of our business.
In 2020, Unilever Malaysia was named CEO Champion in the TalentCorp 2019 LIFE AT WORK award. Unilever Malaysia was also identified as one of the best companies to work for in 2017 and 2018 and was the overall winner of the Sustainable Business Awards Malaysia in 2018.